This is just a quick post showing the upgrade process of
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Veeam ONE
I didn’t hit any issues with the upgrades.
- It’s always a good idea to reboot your servers before any update
And plan for further updates once the Veeam upgrades have completed as well.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- I had to install .Net Framework 4.5.2 to continue the upgrade, which required a reboot
- I upgraded from v18.104.22.1687 (so not the latest patch)
- I was asked to confirm the SQL Database upgrade
- The server needed rebooting at the end of the upgrade
Continue reading Veeam v9 Backup and replication / ONE upgrade from v8
So I am no scripting master, my PowerShell knowledge is still something I want to expand. During an install last week I had a number of hosts to setup from scratch, so I decided to do this via PowerCLI, as a lot of the tasks were repetitive. Setting up the vSwitch networking and iSCSI configuration for each host
For those of you new to scripting, I’ve included screenshots to accompany the commands so you can see whats going on in the GUI.
Note: the full code without the breaks is at the end of this post
#Setup which host to target
$VMhost = 'hostname'
Continue reading PowerCLI – Setup Host networking and storage ready for ISCSI LUNs