So I jumped right in and upgraded my VCSA 5.5 to VCSA 6, you can find the official documentation and upgrade steps here.
Pre-Reqs from VMware
- Verify that the clocks of all machines on the vSphere network are synchronized. See Synchronizing Clocks on the vSphere Network.
- Verify that the ESXi host on which you deploy the vCenter Server Appliance is not in lockdown or maintenance mode.
- Verify that the vCenter Server SSL certificate for your existing vCenter Server Appliance is configured correctly. See VMware Knowledge Base article 2057223.
- If you use an external database, back up the vCenter Server Appliance database.
- Create a snapshot of the vCenter Server Appliance.
What you need before you start