So I noticed an issue when using the vSphere Client to connect to the VMware vCenter Server Appliance was appearing every now and again.
Call “EventHistoryCollector.SetLatestPageSize” for object “SessionID” on vCenter Server “ServerName” failed. (unfortunately didnt take a screenshot, so here’s one I found and modified).
This issue is pretty common, and is to do with the amount of events in the database not being purged, and is covered by VMware in this KB article for windows environments.
However not so commonly covered for the vCenter Appliance which uses a progress database.
After a bit of digging around, I found the following crude solution on the VMware communities board.
So open up a console to your VCSA, login in. Run the following commands
/opt/vmware/vpostgres/1.0/bin/psql -d VCDB vc TRUNCATE TABLE vpx_event CASCADE;
then to exit “\q”